The Institute Social Responsibility (ISR) Committee of SSBF strives to make students aware of the problems in the society around them and provide solutions for them. We work towards giving financial and digital literacy to the people residing in the village, which will contribute to smooth functioning in their day-to-day life. These interactive sessions with them help the students get a different perspective and learn from their interactions.
The committee works to give back to society and ensure that the people we interact with are left with the proper knowledge and insights not only about finances but also educate them in English speaking, helping them to write digitally. The committee also tries to understand the various problems that exist in society and how they can contribute to reducing them.
- Anyone passionate about giving back to the society
- Team player
- Basic knowledge of the topic
Major events organize
- Every Saturday, visit/ drive to villages
- Cloth donation drive
- Plant donation drive
- Joy of giving week
- Quiz on unstop
As it is said by Thomas Fuller , “Knowledge is a treasure, but practice is the key to it.” Therefore, Corporate Interface Team (CIT) tries to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical experience through industry interaction.
The primary objective of CIT at SSBF is to connect students and corporates by conducting guest lectures, workshops, live projects, etc. in which corporates can impart training to the students of SSBF. Team conducts guest lectures around the year so that students can learn application of classroom concepts in the BFSI sector, and it also represents the college in front of the corporate guests which come for institute-industry engagement. The team also collaborates with several B-schools for events and encourages the participation of students.
The committee creates a path for meeting experienced professionals and managers from reputable companies, helps in boosting one’s self-esteem, allows members to work as a team, interact with corporate in various fields of expertise, and promote SSBF for placements.
Conducting events provides the members much-needed stage exposure and the opportunity to overcome stage fright and interact directly with corporates.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt and work in a team
- Time management skills
- Symposium, where eminent personalities from BFSI Sector visit the college for a one or two day-long conference.
- 'ETHICON', flagship event, which talks about ethical practices in BFSI Sector.
We, the creative committee work towards the art and ideas portrayed into creatives for the college. As a team that consists of juniors and seniors, we work with constant devotion, guidance and thinking out of the box, creating art as we go.
With the zest to bring out our best artful thinking into work for the college, we as a team hope to contribute in more than just academics. Working for all the college events by creatives, we hope to give our college a touch of color and tincture. Art both digitalized and non digitalized form with different themes, carrying our thinking and vision, helping in making events successful.
With thinking inclined towards art and color, basic know-hows of digital art platforms like Canva and Photoshop, with interest towards the same is required for the working on banners, posters, event décor and more.
This committee helps every other committee with their events and adds colour to it. Creative committee has always been the backbone of every committee. Some events like Foundation Day organised by Co-Curricular Committee where flamboyant decoration ideas and implementation made the event successful and light-sighting, Yaadein organised by Alumni Committee where alumnus cherished their days of college along with guidance for us for the corporate world and what lies ahead, we helped to make the event a memorable one for all. Icebreakers event of the Sports Committee, Symposium handled by Placement Assistance Committee and Corporate Interface Team were huge success and we helped in making it as artfully as possible. All the flagship events conducted by other committees, we act as a backbone to all those events by looking into the theme, design, and creatives in digitalized and non digitalized form.
The Entrepreneurship Cell (E Cell) committee at SSBF persistently strives to promote entrepreneurial thoughts and ideas among students by providing a stimulating & learning environment through a series of interactions with entrepreneur world by organizing events, workshops and guest lectures on diverse areas of Entrepreneurship
- To promote and enhance innovative and problem-solving thinking among the peers
- Thinking out of the box and helping the aspiring entrepreneurs to come out of their comfort zones by organizing and hosting interactive competition and events based on business plans, products, marketing, etc
- To instil entrepreneurial mindset among students
- To create awareness about entrepreneurship events around the world by holding business quiz competitions
- To Encourage budding entrepreneurs and develop the entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Knack for Innovative thinking
- Good communication skills
- Event planning and organizing skills
- Good in writing and grammar
Major Events organize:
- Flagship event – IMPRESSA
- Synovate- Panel Discussion
- Envision- B-Plan Competition
- Sell with E-cell
- Know your Business (KYB) – Business strategy
- Financial awareness through literacy programs in villages
- Sell-o-Tape- Marketing and video making event
- Fun Entrepreneurial Quiz competitions
- Workshops and guest lectures
- Articles about Innovative business personalities and entrepreneurs
Email id of the committee:
The Editorial Committee at SSBF is in charge of writing articles and reports to be published on the college website. It covers all happenings and events of the college such as festivals, celebrations, guest lectures, workshops and competitions along with all other sports, cultural and management events hosted by SSBF. The committee also writes blogs while also taking up editing work for other committees.
The Equity Research Cell helps the students to connect academic studies with real life exposure to the banking and financial services industry. This is done by use of Bloomberg Terminals which help the students gain practical experience and achieve the Bloomberg Market Concept CertificaCoution. Guest lectures by eminent personalities of the industry are organized as well as the Equity Research Championship, which helps the students better prepare for their corporate lives.
The Website Team collaborates with all other committees at SSBF and makes sure they are visible to the outside world through the college website. Every small event or achievement by SSBF is updated on the website. The committee works actively to make information of the college available to everyone at a click of button.
Like every Public Relation team works as the face of any institution, The Public Relation Committee of Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance works with utmost dedication and commitment towards the brand visibility of Symbiosis School of banking and Finance. Members with multiple responsibilities and duties, To achieve a more significant brand image, Public Relations Committee handles coverage of all the college events, social media content with the display of all the events and activities that are conducted, outreach to all the queries and suggestions that come along, and coordinate with all the committees with the unified goal of smooth run of all student driven committees and their flagship events. While all the cells and committees put their best in their respective work, we make their efforts known to everyone by facilitating their design and media coverage needs.
The main objective of Public Relation Committee is to act as the bridge of communication between the institute and the outside world. The work responsibilities intensify further during specific periods like Placements and Admission. We take up the responsibility of admission query handling on various forums, designing Admission Social Media posts, guiding them throughout the admission procedure and induction of the junior batches.
The work of Public Relations Committee get much more nuanced than what appears on the outside. Proactive efforts and constant evolution form with on the spot decision making skills is the basic skill required with being able to communicate coherently to everyone by representing the institution. Should know in and out of the social media pages of Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance with good photography and videography skills.
Major events organized
- Dalal Street Fest: The Flagship event of Public Relation Committee comprises of several stock market trading events to provide the participants an environment of the real trading world so that we can have more trading enthusiasts in the near future.
- Gandhi Jayanti.
- Holika Dahan
- GEPIWAT process
- Covering of events and clicking photographs.
Sports is one of the most important aspects of life and Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance believes the same. Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance is one of those institutions which promotes healthy lifestyle while in the campus. SSBF believes in holistic development of its students and motivates them to take active participation in various sporting events.
The Sports Committee of Symbiosis School of banking and finance is responsible for all the sports event that is conducted throughout the year. The committee promotes healthy environment among the students throughout the year and encourages the students to play various sports. The committee helps the students to develop themselves by organizing various events.
- Good managerial skills, time management, and good communication skills.
- Good knowledge about all the sports activities.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Team oriented approach. Problem solving skills.
- Being able to make decisions
- Being spontaneous about situations.
Major events organize
- Ice Breakers
This is the first event of the sports Committee in which the whole batch of seniors and the juniors play together which helps them to know each other better. This is the first step to create a good bond between both the batches.
It is an annual event where seniors and juniors compete against each other. The committee organizes various games such as football, box cricket league, basketball, etc. Every student and faculty member participates and has a great time during this two-day event.
This is a flagship event of the sports committee. Players from the corporate world come and participate in a cricket tournament which is held on the Lavale hilltop campus every year. A cricket league is played among 10 teams where each team will compete with other teams in their respective pools over the course of 2 days.
- SIU Inter-Institute Tournament
An inter-institute sports tournament is organized among all the symbiosis institutes all over India. The sports committee is responsible to get good participants so that they can go ahead and compete in University level tournaments.
Email id :-
The Alumni Committee was formed to renew the bonds with the college's alumni. To create and develop interest to contribute to their Alma Mater. This is a committee where networking and connecting with alumni is one of the major objectives. Also, the committee organizes events for student-alumni interaction to build strong personal & professional skills. It’s a community of likeminded people who want to grow and develop as a whole.
- To create/promote a lifelong relationship between the college & the alumni.
- To maintain the updated and current information of all Alumni.
- To exchange professional knowledge, organize technical conferences, seminars, workshops & guest sessions for career development.
- To create interest and motivate the alumni to participate in the progress of the Institute and make them contribute towards the enhancement of their Alma mater via various events, viz, Alumni Meets.
- To maintain confidentiality and compliance with the data of Alumni.
- Good Interpersonal & Communication Skills.
- Ready for Networking & Connecting activities.
- Have good command over Excel.
- Ability to plan, organize and facilitate various events & activities.
- Ability to plan & create reports and newsletters for the committee.
Major Events Organized
- Teacher’s day event:
Celebration of our professors’ contribution in shaping our lives for the best.
- Quantum Leap:
Organized various guest lectures from our Alumni for professional and real-world guidance to our students.
- “Yaadein”- Alumni Meet:
The flagship event organized to renew bonds among the alumni. To create a fun and happy environment for the alumni for enjoying and taking rest from their busy lives.
- The half yearly Alumni Newsletter.
E-Mail ID :
The E-bulletin Committee takes responsibility of designing the yearbook, commemorating each outgoing batch. Along with that, it publishes the college magazine ‘Arthakshetra’, which covers various college events and interesting happenings of the BFSI sector.
The Co-Curricular Committee brings in the fun element amidst all the academics that happen all around the clock. It organizes many events as well as celebrates various occasions and festivals throughout the year. The Co-Curricular Team also organizes SSBF’s annual cultural fest, ‘Synopia’, a spread of cultural and management events over the span of two days, that is loved and enjoyed by all.
The Co-Curricular Committee wants to give students a stage on which to showcase their abilities. Plan numerous activities to amuse students, demonstrate the college's cultural identity to the outside world, develop leadership skills in students, and encourage the preservation, use, and development of a vibrant cultural heritage.
- Organizational skills - keeping up with the team and being informed about every little thing, adhering to timelines, budgets, and appointments, and keeping important documents and information organized.
- Strong Interpersonal skills - good communication is very important as you will have to pitch to the sponsors about the events, go for event promotions, build a good rapport with vendors and suppliers, and communicate with guests and artists with confidence, respect, and clarity.
- Problem-solving - being able to make a decision quickly during unforeseen challenges all while staying calm for example keeping the audience engaged if there's a delay or a technical problem during the event.
- Negotiation and Budgeting - negotiating with a sponsor or getting the best possible deal and preparing an efficient budget for every event.
- Multitasking - You must juggle many tasks, including registration for participation, event promotion, sponsorship acquisition, and logistics.
- Creativity - Events that we organize are fun as well as productive for the students so it's essential to infuse authenticity and passion into each event.
- Foundation day
On 18th August 2010, the first and foremost stone of SSBF was laid. Foundation day is the day when we, the family of Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance come together to celebrate the foundation of our institute. The event celebrates years of SSBF's growth, perseverance, and excellence, every year on the 18th of August. It is an occasion of celebration, felicitation, feast, and festivity where students present their wonderful performances.
- Comfiee with Co-C
Comfiee with Co-C is always a cheerful experience. It is a blend of both competitive spirits and comfortable peals of laughter. This is a fun-filled event organized for both the senior and junior batch to rejuvenate their minds. This event has committee-wise participation. In this event, multiple rounds of games and activities are there; at last, just one committee wins! The event always witnesses enthusiastic participation from all the committees.
- Winter Rendezvous
Winter Rendezvous is a fun-filled event held in mid-winter. It is organized for students of both batches, to showcase their talent. It includes games for faculty and students, followed by performances. This joyous and entertaining celebration is a basketful of dance, music, acting and so on.
Synopia is a two-day cultural and management festival of SSBF organized every year. The event's primary goal is to give students a place to test their abilities and introduce them to excellent learning and knowledge-sharing opportunities as well as avenues for fun and entertainment. Every year the event witnesses the enthusiastic participation of students from many different colleges and institutes. The fest has multiple events and activities including a flagship event, Corporate Chanakya a core management event; the students were tested based on their corporate, management, and innovation skills and many more.
A farewell is more like a memorable way to say goodbye. It could also be likened to a gettogether where lasting /refreshing memory of friends and well-wishers is created. People always cherish the last time spent together because it tends to overshadow other times.
A team of exceptionally driven and committed people who tirelessly and selflessly work toward the institution's ultimate goal of luring reputable businesses and delivering desirable placement offers to students depending on their unique fields of interest. The Committee oversees and coordinates the entire placement process, which includes coordinating meetings with corporate HR officials, organizing placement drives, conducting on-campus placements, and managing off-campus placements. In addition to this, the committee is crucial in creating and preserving a long-term, sustainable partnership with the corporate world.
- 100% Placements and Internships to all
- To provide career guidance about avenues open after post-graduation.
- To provide Placement and Internship assistance to students.
- To provide exposure in the BFSI sector, in the best possible organization
- To be able to pitch and get good recruiters on board
- Organizing Pre- Placement Training.
- Soft Skills
- Team Work
Major Events organize
Placement and Internship Drives, Resume Wetting, Mock GD-PI, Guest Sessions
Banking Drive Committee
The Banking Drive committee undertakes to assess the financial literacy of the people through surveys of nearby villages which are adopted by Symbiosis and are located near Lavale campus. It is a student driven team which puts to use their knowledge of banking to aid in the initiative of financial awareness.
The team collects personal information from the residents like number of dependents, presence of bank account, awareness about financial products etc. The information is analysed and then customised content based on the need of the hour is delivered to the residents with the objective of financial literacy. The Banking Drive Committee also ensures the financial literacy of the staff and help present on campus as well as the students. Several interactive events and newsletters are a part of this initiative to spread awareness.
The students in the committee must have ample knowledge on the basics of banking. They must be thorough with the latest schemes of the Government and trends in the BFSI sector. The students must also be equipped with effective communication skills.
Major Events Organized
The committee makes videos to develop the financial literacy drive. Surveys and small games are organized among the batch as well to enhance the knowledge of the students. Quizzes have been hosted on Unstop platforms with participation from outside colleges.
Bio Diversiry Committee
Biodiversity refers to the variety of life found in a given place. Our world comprises of animals, plants, fungi, and even microbes like bacteria. Each of these creatures and species collaborates in ecosystems to preserve the equilibrium and to support life. We as biodiversity members promote conservation, sustainable use, and documentation of biological diversity.
Promote conservation, and sustainability
- Basic knowledge of biodiversity
- trekking and basic health fitness
- email and other creative writing
Major events Organized
- In Campus Nature Walks
- Research Documentation of flora and fauna
- Wildlife Photography
- Guest Sessions with expert Collaboration
- Important Biodiversity Days via Newsletter Awareness
Log Ink Tech
The Log Ink Tech committee acts as one of the backbones for the events, as we are responsible for writing event reports and, most importantly, updating the website with the ongoing events by SSBF. Additionally, we release newsletters periodically, send in birthday wishes and publish the college's annual magazine, 'ARTHAKSHETRA,' and the yearbook.
- Creating event reports that give the reader a glimpse into how all the successful events were delivered by the prestigious guest speakers and other events hosted by SSBF.
- Updating the college website with information and more such as the current and upcoming events that are planned so as to give the visitors of the website an idea of the things that are currently going on in the college.
- Keeping the reader updated with financial topics and engages them with personal blogs and crosswords/puzzles via our newsletter.
- The yearbook for the senior batch.
- The yearly magazine ARTHAKSHETRA.
- Wishing the faculty, staff and the students on their birthdays.
- Good Writing skills
- Good command of English
- Preferably the student has to know the usage of Canva
- Christmas Secret Santa Event
- More to be Implemented soon.
It is our endeavour to provide the accurate information on the website.
User should contact directly to authorised person in case of any query about information and content. Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF) reserves the right to make changes to any content on the website at any time.