Seminar: Banking & Financial Services Sector in India - VISION 2020
Symbiosis School of Banking & Finance hosted a seminar titled “Insights and Foresight” on July 7, 2012. The theme was the challenges and opportunities to be faced by banking sector in the years to come.
We were honored by the presence of
- Mr. Ajay Banerjee – CGM, Bank of Maharashtra who spoke on the changing demographic profile and how this was affecting the customer’s preferences. He emphasized on how the future of banking was filled with sunshine as majority of the future customer base were below the age of 25
- Mr. Amit Kumar – Senior Executive VP, HDFC Bank – He dwelled on the huge expanse of opportunities opening in the banking sector through increase in household income and the necessity for wealth management and how this would be met through a tenfold increase in bank branches and ATMs
- Mr. V. Ramanmurhty – Executive Director, RBS – He gave an overview on the Indian Economy and spent time on the business related and prudential regulation of implementing IFRS in the country. He pointed out the dismal position of NPA outstripping credit growth but finished on the hopeful note of foreign banks entering the Indian business sphere
- Mr. Rajiv Maniar – Vice President HDFC Mutual Funds Co – He pointed out the current market Scenario with regard to mutual fund industry and also spoke of possible future growth opportunities
- Mr. BaskharBabu – CEO, Suryoday Microfinance –He made a passionate presentation on how microfinance was the last mile connectivity where banks filed. He also emphasized on inclusion of all and penetration of banks to all
Dignitaries like Mr. Sunil Shirole, MD, Yen Capital Advisory and Mr. Anil Keskar, Dean Academics, Symbiosis international University also graced the occasion with their presence. We were privileged to have bankers from ICICI bank, Yes Bank, State Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, and Bank of India as audience. It also gave us an opportunity to interact with our sister institutes.